Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Painting 1

Bear with me as I transfer my posts from my tumblr onto here. Blogger is a much better place to put all of my pictures compared to that place. More ideal~

Painting 1…
I’ve never done anything in oil before…I’m liking it a lot more though, now that I’ve given myself more time to work with it.



 The first one is the first portrait i’ve ever done in oil. Ur...it's kinda patchy and inaccurate but it kind of resembles me. I had a hard time dealing with the drying time. The only paintings I've ever done are acrylic and watercolor and those dry 4 times faster than this. But I rather like the look of it.

 This is the second one. By then I've gotten better with blending and all that. And I took a bit more time on this than I did on the other one. However...it looked less like me than the one on top does. This one's going to be glazed over with a layer of color which is still in progress...
And this was the charcoal portrait I did for the first assignment of the class, which was just to do a portrait of yourself in whatever medium you like. Looks less like me than any of the others. [I'm going to be deathly tired of drawing myself by the end of this semester...]

There'll be another post up of the figures painting soon. When I get unlazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment